Mr. Trent Kelly, Head of Production and Quality Control, gives us a quick overview of the benefits of utilizing a copper surface versus others on the market. According to scientific studies, bacteria and viruses can live up to 4 days on surfaces such as stainless steel and plastic. Contrastly, copper surfaces will begin to break down these deposited germs and decrease their presence exponentially over time.
What the EPA says about Antimicrobial Copper
*Laboratory testing shows that, when cleaned regularly, antimicrobial copper surfaces kill greater than 99.9% of the following bacteria within 2 hours of exposure: MRSA, VRE, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and E. coli O157:H7. Antimicrobial copper surfaces have been shown to inhibit microbial contamination from these microorganisms, but do not necessarily prevent cross contamination or infections. Antimicrobial copper surfaces are a supplement to and not a substitute for standard infection control practices. Users must continue to follow all current infection control and sanitation practices. Antimicrobial copper surfaces must not be coated or waxed in any way in order to be effective. The natural patina of antimicrobial copper does not compromise the antimicrobial capacity of the product.